The Corporation of the Township of Puslinch requires three (Seasonal) WINTER CONTROL EQUIPMENT OPERATORS in the Public Works Department. This position will be expected to perform a variety of duties related to the operation and maintenance of the Township roads infrastructure. This position will appeal to individuals who enjoy working outdoors in maintenance and construction activities associated with a municipal public works operation.
The candidates will have the following preferred qualifications:
- OSSGD or Equivalency Certificate
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours due to emergency situations
- A valid Class DZ driver’s licence with 5 years driving experience and a good driving record.
- Experience in operating and maintaining heavy equipment.
- First Aid/CPR, chainsaw certification.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in a related environment, especially in the operation of a front plow and wing for winter road maintenance.
- Ability to work in a team environment and alone.
This seasonal position offers an hourly wage of $27.82 for a 40 hour work week. Hours of work are 7:00am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday or 5.00am to 1.00pm Saturday through Wednesday depending on shift position. Overtime may be a requirement of this position.
This position is for approximately 17 weeks December through March.
Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by no later than 4:00 p.m. Friday, October 18, 2019 to Mike Fowler, Supervisor of Public Works and Parks, Township of Puslinch, 7404 Wellington Rd 34, Guelph, ON N1H 6H9 email: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant Information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 - 5 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time18.10.2019 23:24
Related Jobs (1)
- Zoning and Compliance Report Examiner – Richmond Hill on January 10, 2020 Full Time