The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the expanded four-lane Trans Canada Highway. We are a short 30-minute commute to Ottawa. With a population nearing 9,000, the Town of Arnprior offers businesses and residents full community services. We are currently recruiting for a Water Works Supervisor.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, Operations the Water Works Supervisor will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater treatment facilities for the Town of Arnprior, which includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Conduct regular inspections of water and wastewater systems and direct effort to staff to ensure municipal drinking water is treated sufficiently to meet or exceed the objectives outlined in the Drinking Water Quality Management System standard (DWQMS);
- Assume responsibility as the designated Overall Responsible Operator for the operation and maintenance of the Town’s water and wastewater treatment services and facilities;
- Conduct operation and maintenance of the Town’s wastewater collection pump stations and elevated water storage tower;
- Work with and manage consultants and contractors in regards to capital projects, related to the treatment plants and pumping stations by providing guidance documents, technical review of designs and direction and approvals as required;
- Planning, preparing, and enforcing compliance with capital, equipment, and maintenance budgets;
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to all Waterworks Division staff;
- Take appropriate action on all inquiries/complaints from the general public dealing with water and wastewater issues in the Municipality;
- Attend and/or present at various administrative, operational construction, or Council/Committee meetings from time to time; and
- Act in the absence of the General Manager, Operations when directed.
To view the complete job posting including directions on how to apply please visit our website at www.arnprior.ca. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply on or before October 31, 2019.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email Jennifer Glofcheski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The Town is committed to maintaining an equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time31.10.2019 18:09