Village of Burk’s Falls
Situated in Almaguin Highlands, a short drive from Muskoka’s cottage country, you will experience Burk’s Falls and its small-town charm while being close to large urban centers. Starting with revitalization plans for the downtown and the Village’s waterfront on the Magnetawan River, along with the surrounding rural communities, there is plenty of nature’s playground for you to enjoy the great outdoors.
The Village is seeking applications from experienced, qualified persons for the position of Treasurer. Reporting to the Clerk/Administrator the Treasurer is a strategic leader with an approach to long term planning with sound financial management abilities.
This position involves:
- Completing and reviewing the accounting functions of the Village
- Preparing year end documents for the audit process
- Account reconciliations
- Coordinating the annual budget and develop capital/operating budget forecasts
- Developing policies and procedures related to the financial matters of the Village
- Payroll Function and Benefit Administration
- Maintaining the Asset Management Plan in accordance with legislation
- A post secondary education in accounting, business administration or related field
- 3-5 years experience at a senior level with accounting and financial management in public or private enterprise
- Demonstrated skills in financial systems, taxation experience, project management and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with all municipal stakeholders
- Proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Office
The salary range for this position 28.44 to 35.55 per hour with a comprehensive benefit program and OMERS. The full job description is available on our website.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes with cover letter to the Village no later than Friday, July 10, 2020 to:
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time10.07.2020 16:30