If you enjoy the outdoors, boating, swimming, fishing, hiking or just relaxing at the shore, come and immerse yourself in the beauty of Majestic McKellar; a place to call home.
Located within the District of Parry Sound (a 20 minute drive from the Town of Parry Sound), the Township of McKellar boasts 15 lakes and numerous rivers to beckon you back to nature and peaceful surroundings; an enticing opportunity for a Treasurer. Reporting to the newly appointed CAO/Clerk, this highly motivated person will assume a role as part of the Senior Management Team and be responsible for the overall administration of all aspects of finance and tax collection services (as well as special projects) in accordance with Township policies and statutory legislation including administration of the budget.
The Treasurer will enhance the professional and respectful relationship with both staff and members of Council and possess the following qualifications/skills;
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation as well as a university degree in Business Administration with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in related municipal/financial environment or equivalent related experience.
- Be of ethical and moral character.
- Have detailed knowledge of areas serviced within the municipality with a firm commitment to improving service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- A thorough working knowledge of municipal finance and taxation, related legislation, payroll services, auditor processes and financial reporting processes. Completion of courses offered by AMCTO or like organizations would be an asset.
- Excellent computer literacy skills and knowledge of technology and its uses/ opportunities in a municipal environment.
- An unwavering ability to confidentially keep accurate, well organized and up to date financial records and information including debits, credits, invoices and budget spread sheets.
- Ability to provide effective financial leadership to the Township of McKellar’s Senior Management Team as well as Council and other staff through proven mentorship and teamwork.
- Excellent listening skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills to ensure the senior staff and Council are well informed on financial matters.
- Experience in writing of grant proposals is important and would allow you to assist other senior staff in this process.
For a detailed candidate profile and to explore this exciting opportunity in strict confidence, email email@example.com or call Tim Dobbie Consulting Ltd. at 905-637-0000.
To submit resumes, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 21st, 2020
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time21.10.2020 16:30