If you enjoy the outdoors, boating, swimming, fishing, hiking or just relaxing at the shore, come immerse yourself in the beauty of Majestic McKellar; A place to call home.
Located within the District of Parry Sound (a 20-minute drive from the Town of Parry Sound), the Township of McKellar boasts 15 lakes and numerous rivers to beckon you back to nature. Reporting to the newly appointed CAO/Clerk, this highly motivated person will assume a role as part of the Senior Management Team and be responsible for the overall administration of all aspects of finance and tax collection services (as well as special projects) in accordance with Township policies and statutory legislation including administration of the budget.
The Treasurer will enhance the professional and respectful relationship with both staff and members of Council and possess the following qualifications / skills:
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (and will consider those applicants who are working towards a CPA designation currently) as well as a University Degree or College Diploma, in Business Administration, with a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in related municipal/financial environment or equivalent related experience.
- Be of ethical and moral character.
- Have detailed knowledge of areas serviced within the municipality with a firm commitment to improving service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- A thorough working knowledge of municipal finance and taxation, related legislation, payroll services and financial reporting processes. Completion of courses offered by AMCTO or like organizations would be an asset.
- Excellent computer literacy skills and knowledge of technology and its uses/opportunities in a municipal environment
- An unwavering ability to confidentially keep accurate, well organized, and up-to-date financial records and information including debits, credits, invoices, and budget spread sheets.
- Ability to provide effective financial leadership to the Township of McKellar’s Senior Management Team as well as Council and other staff through proven mentorship and teamwork.
- Excellent listening skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills to ensure the senior staff and Council are well informed on financial matters.
- Experience in writing of grant proposals is important and would allow you to assist other senior staff in this process.
The salary range for this position is currently under review. In addition, the Township of McKellar offers a full employee benefits program and OMERS retirement plan.
For a detailed candidate profile and to explore this exciting opportunity in strict confidence, e-mail or call Tim L. Dobbie Consulting Ltd. at 905 637 0000 or e-mail email@example.com.
To submit resumes, email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2021. We thank all applicants and advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted directly.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time10.02.2021 16:30