Are you a motivated results-oriented individual looking for a new challenge? Do you desire to be part of a change management team?
…this could be your next opportunity!
The Township of Chatsworth is looking to hire a Treasurer. We are located in the heart of picturesque Grey County, with a population of approximately 7,000 residents.
Job SummaryReporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Treasurer will be an integral member of the management team and will be responsible for the overall financial management of the Township including financial planning and forecasting, budgeting, asset management, property taxes and optimization of other revenues. The successful candidate will manage the Finance Department and provide financial leadership and advice to Council and staff to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Township. The Treasurer will provide financial analysis of programs, projects and proposed initiatives; deliver timely and reliable financial information and oversee the financial management systems to support strategic financial decisions.
- Post secondary education in a finance, accounting or business-related field
- Professional accounting designation preferred (CA, CMA or CGA)
- A minimum of 5 years experience leading a team in a municipal environment
- Solid knowledge of municipal legislation, financial practices, and provincial/federal funding programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Join our Team
- Competitive Compensation and benefits plan
- Be part of Management Team leading change; and
- …working with a great team of individuals will make this full time position an attractive opportunity for the right candidate.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by Noon on Wednesday, August 21 to Patty Sinnamon, Dipl.M.M., CAO Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Township website at www.chatsworth.cafor a copy of the full position description.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected, and will only be used for the purpose of candidate selection. The Township of Chatsworth is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManager
- Experience6 - 10 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time21.08.2019 18:05