The Township of Chatsworth is looking to hire a Treasurer. We are located in the heart of picturesque Grey County, with a population of approximately 7,000 residents.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Treasurer will be an integral member of the management team and will be responsible for statutory duties of Treasurer and the financial management of the Township of Chatsworth. Leading the Finance Department, the Treasurer will coordinate and manage the annual budgeting process, the preparation of financial statements, financial analysis, taxation and optimization of other revenue sources, accounting functions and asset management. The successful candidate will provide financial leadership and advice to Council and staff to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Township. The Treasurer will provide financial analysis of programs, projects and proposed initiatives; deliver timely and reliable financial information and oversee the financial management systems to support strategic financial decisions.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Change Leadership, Relationship Building, Political Acuity, Innovation, Results Oriented and Fiscal Accountability
- Professional accounting designation preferred (CA, CMA or CGA)
- A minimum of 5 years experience leading a team in a municipal environment
- Solid knowledge of municipal legislation, financial practices, and provincial/federal funding programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with management and staff, Council, senior government officials and community stakeholders.
Join our Team
- Working with a great team of individuals will make this full time position an attractive opportunity for the right candidate.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by Noon on Friday, January 31st, 2020 to Patty Sinnamon, Dipl.M.M., CAO Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit the Township website at www.chatsworth.ca for a copy of the full position description.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected, and will only be used for the purpose of candidate selection. The Township of Chatsworth is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time31.01.2020 13:13