Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Treasurer will be responsible for the overall management of the Municipality’s financial affairs and provides critical financial leadership to Council and the Corporation to ensure long-term financial sustainability.
Performing the statutory duties of the position of Municipal Treasurer in accordance with the Municipal Act.
A complete job description is available upon request.
The Preferred Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Recognized University degree or college diploma in Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline, with a CPA, CA, CGA or CMA designation.
- Successful completion of Municipal Finance and Accounting Program an asset.
- Five or more years of demonstrated and practical experience.
- Proven management experience and understanding of local government finance, municipal financial planning, financial information systems, municipal financial reporting, taxation experience and budgetary processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, financial, project/time management, organizational, analytical, communication, presentation, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong financial background and ability to function in a computerized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and team leadership.
The salary range for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience with comprehensive benefits.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by 4 p.m. on December 2, 2019, quoting “Treasurer”, to the attention of:
Municipality of Centre Hastings
P.O. Box 900, 7 Furnace Street
Madoc, Ontario K0K 2K0
Tel: (613) 473-4030, Ext. 212 Fax: (613) 473-5444
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time02.12.2019 20:50