The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along thefour-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the firstmajor stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban townwith the beauty of nature that comes with being Where the Rivers Meet. If youare interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make adifference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for theSupervisor, Roads and Services position for which we are currently recruiting.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, Operations theSupervisor, Roads and Services will be responsible for the efficient andeffective management of the Roads and Services department and personnel, whichincludes (but not limited to) the following:
• Accountability and responsibility for maintaining theTown’s infrastructure by managing the maintenance of road operations includingwinter control and minimum maintenance standards, linear assets including water,sanitary and storm infrastructure, underground infrastructure utility locates,cemeteries, buildings and grounds;
• Ensure all Operations equipment, property and materialspertaining to Roads and Services are maintained and operating in a safe andefficient manner;
• Plan, prepare and manage budgets for capital, equipmentand maintenance needs. As required, provide input and assist in the costing andpurchasing or repair of Operations equipment and road maintenance;
• Provide direct supervision and guidance to all Roads andServices staff including coordinating work scheduling to ensure efficient andeffective service delivery, promoting staff training needs to ensurequalifications and certifications are obtained and actively participate inemployee/labour relation matters; and
• Attend Council and/or Committee meetings to presentinformation as necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of a two years post-secondary education in arelated field complimented by five years of experience performing public works,specifically roads and services, duties with a Municipal government or relatedenvironment. Within the work experience, two years will have been in asupervisory capacity and managing work activities;
• Working knowledge and familiarity of road operations andinfrastructure;
• Knowledge of practices and methods applicable to civilconstruction and construction materials and their use, demonstrated experienceutilizing power/hand tools, survey equipment, heavy equipment and officeequipment; and
• A valid DZ Ontario driver’s license.
Possession of a MECP Operator Class I License in MunicipalResidential Water Distribution Subsystem and MECP Operator Class II License inWastewater Collection Facility are considered an asset. Should the successfulcandidate not have the licenses they will be asked to work towardscertification in a reasonable amount of time. Once licences are obtained, theposition would then fulfill the duties of the Overall Responsible Operator.
Candidates must be physically fit, capable of performingheavy physical labour, able to work in extreme weather conditions and workunplanned long hours or odd hours in response to winter weather conditionsand/or emergencies. The Supervisor, Roads and Services shall not reside morethan thirty minutes outside of Town boundaries. Ability to obtain asatisfactory Vulnerable Sector check is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letterand resume by 3:00 PM (local time) on April 1, 2020to Jennifer Glofcheski,Human Resources Officer by:
Mail: Town of Arnprior, 105 Elgin St. W. Arnprior, OntarioK7S 0A8
If you require a disability-related accommodation toparticipate in the recruitment process, please email Jennifer Glofcheski email@example.com. Only the candidates selected for an interview will becontacted.
Information collected will be used in accordance with theMunicipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposeof candidate selection. The Town is committed to maintaining an equitable workenvironment and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time01.04.2020 15:30