As a member of the Finance Department and reporting to the Deputy Treasurer, the Supervisor, Purchasing is responsible for leading the strategic initiatives for the purchasing division and oversees the complete functions of purchasing, from the specification development stage through to the payment stage. This position is responsible for ensuring all processes within the purchasing functions are completed in an efficient, timely manner. Additionally, this position will evaluate and analyze purchasing and price trends to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs; develop, implement and monitor the P –Card system and Vendor Performance Tracking system; develop advanced procurement and innovative procurement strategies; assist with strategic financial management activities including annual budget development related to the purchasing functions; develop and implement procurement management policies, procedures and systems/software to ensure compliance with corporate and project standards as well as maintain oversight of day-to-day procurement activities. This position supervises the Purchasing Coordinator position.
- Diploma or degree in a purchasing/business related field.
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license or ability to attend meetings/events at other sites.
- Professional Certification, Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB or CPPO) from the National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP preferred)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet
- Minimum of 4 years in a purchasing related field, preferably Municipal or other public purchasing position
- Supervisory/leadership experience and skills with team development and mentoring abilities
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience4 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time06.03.2020 21:52