The Township of Minden Hills is a culturally active community of 6,600 permanent residents, serving as the gateway to the Haliburton Highlands known for its lakes and rivers, forest fall colours, outdoor recreation opportunities and its arts community. The Township is a vibrant tourist destination located centrally within ‘Cottage Country’ half way between Peterborough and Huntsville. Residents enjoy a quality of life of a well serviced small town that is easily accessible to/from the bigger city centres of the GTA within 1.5 to 2 hours.
We are growing with the development of its economic development and community improvement plans and construction of the new S.G. Nesbitt Memorial Arena and Community Centre, inclusive of an NHL size ice surface complete with full size gym, indoor walking track and fitness room, scheduled for completion in the spring of 2020.
To support this growth, we are seeking a natural leader to serve as the Supervisor – Facilities and Parks to co-ordinate the day-to-day operations and maintenance of all Community Services Department facilities, parks and cemeteries. The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated, organized and experienced team leader who can provide mentorship and training, consistency in standard operating procedures and quality compliance support with staff in a unionized environment. The Supervisor reports to the Director of Community Services, providing assistance with scheduling, budget development and capital planning, communicating effectively with the public, community sports groups/organizations, local businesses, and contractors with a commitment to customer service excellence.
The Salary Range for this position is $62,498 – $73,546, and is currently under review.
The successful candidate will:
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of our municipal recreation facilities, parks and cemeteries.
- Develop, manage, train and schedule staff and equipment.
- Coordinate Contractors and User Groups.
- Assist in the management of facilities, including arenas/ community centres, parks, including trails, sports fields, fairgrounds, skateboard facilities, beaches, boat launches and cemeteries, maintenance programs and capital projects.
Job Benefits include:
- Enrolment in a comprehensive benefit package for health, dental, long-term and short-term disability.
- Employee assistance plan and life insurance coverage.
- Annual personal health coverage allowance provided.
- Enrolment in the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension plan.
- Vacation, float and sick time entitlements.
- Training and development opportunities provided.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant progressive experience in municipal facilities, parks and cemeteries.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, Facility Management and Administration certificates through Parks Recreation Ontario, Ontario Parks Association and/or Ontario Recreation Facilities Association, specifically; Certified Ice Technician (CIT), Certified Grounds Technician (CGT), Certified Building Technician (CGT) and Cemeterian Operations and Management.
- Certification or training in Chainsaw Safety and Operation, Traffic Control, Working at Heights, Propane Safety and Handling and Smart Serve.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
- Valid “D” Driver’s Licence for the province of Ontario.
- Experience in the operation of; ice resurfacer, backhoe, single axle truck and trailering equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, vehicles and materials used in Municipal facilities, parks and cemeteries and maintenance procedures.
- Good understanding of policies, procedures, by-laws, Ministry guidelines, regulations and legislation related to the operation of facilities, parks, cemeteries, equipment and maintenance.
- Good understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Software programs.
- Strong planning/time management and organizational skills.
This is an open call for applications until the position has been filled. Please visit our website at www.mindenhills.ca/employment-opportunities/ to view the full posting and submission details.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time31.10.2019 22:36