An excellent Internship opportunity awaits you at the City of Dryden, Ontario. If you want to start your new career in a community that offers great outdoor recreation options and a great quality of life with all the amenities, then this is the job for you. The City of Dryden is located approximately equal distance between Thunder Bay, Ontario and Winnipeg, Manitoba on the Trans Canada Highway in Northwestern Ontario.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, qualified, self-motivated Intern to join our Administration Team for a one (1) year term with a potential one-year extension contingent upon Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) approval. The Intern will assist and support Senior Management with several key corporate initiatives/programs including:
- Providing administrative support and meeting coordination to the Master Plan Steering Committee;
- Assisting with the implementation of the new Strategic Plan including the collection of data, analyzing performance and presenting results in regular reports for both internal and external communications products.
- Contributing towards production of annual reports.
- Assisting with the implementation of the new Branding Strategy.
- Researching and performing impact analyses of proposed Federal, Provincial and regional/local policies or program reforms as assigned.
- Coordinating with Senior Management the preparation of written briefs for various Ministry municipal delegations at municipal conferences (AMO, OGRA, ROMA).
- Reviewing, researching and developing various corporate policies as assigned.
- Depending on experience of the intern they may be given direct project management responsibilities and make presentations or submit reports to Council.
- Other research and policy development projects as assigned.
- University or College graduates who have graduated within the last three (3) years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.
- The position must provide the intern with first-time employment in their field of study.
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in this internship program one-time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited College or University in: Business, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Commerce, Communications, Public Relations, Office Administration or another related field; or a candidate with an equivalent combination of education and work experience in these or related fields.
- Eligible for membership in AMCTO (Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario www.amcto.com) and/or other accredited professional association.
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent research and analysis skills;
- Excellent working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel, social media channels, internet, website content management, infographics and other publishing applications;
- Creative thinking and problem solving abilities;
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; and,
- Ability to take training and certificate courses as assigned.
Wage: $22.00 – $26.00 per hour, 35 hours per week – commensurate with qualifications
Projected Start Date: As soon as possible for 12 months with a potential one-year extension.
Interested persons are to submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications and experience by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below. Alternately, cover letters and resumes may be e-mailed directly to email@example.com referencing “HR-ADM-2019-31”.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted up to 4:00 CST, Tuesday, November 26, 2019
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal Information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. Questions with respect to the collection of personal information should be addressed to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, City of Dryden, 30 Van Horne Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7 or contact at (807) 223-1125.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Manager of Human Resources or designate.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time26.11.2019 13:45