The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
This role is responsible for the administration of all employee lifecycle transactions (new hires, leaves of absence, transfers, terminations/resignations and associated payoff processes, etc.), administering the TTC’s Benefits plan and enrolments, and keying various updates to employee records using SuccessFactors Employee Central and SAP (payroll & benefits). The role also provides first point of contact support for employees via phone calls, emails or walk-ins to the Employee Service Centre as well as assists with and resolves issues relating to personal and benefit data, various requested changes, payroll inquiries, policy and process clarification, etc.
Key Job Functions
- Provide assistance with the Employee and Manager Self Service functionality as required by employees/managers.
- Prioritize the resolution of inquiries according to predefined targets and deadlines; actively participate in the ongoing enhancements/development of the TTC’s KnowledgeBase while ensuring service level agreement targets are met/exceeded.
- Complete various HR transactions through to SuccessFactors Employee Central and SAP Payroll/Benefits, ensuring all required changes are accurate, in compliance with government regulations, union agreements, TTC policies, etc. and within time constraints for Payroll and Benefits processing.
- Investigate payroll discrepancies pertaining to various HR events.
- Prepare, issue and maintain various documentation related to employees leaving or short/long term absences.
- Perform payroll administration of Health Benefit and Group Life Insurance plans, including managing required changes and issues relating to employee eligibility, enrolment/termination, etc.
- Demonstrate behaviours that support diversity, inclusion, and a respectful work and service environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Help to remove barriers and accommodate employees and customers (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Participate in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
- High degree of Customer Service/Service Centre working knowledge and mindset for the delivery of customer service to a diverse and potentially difficult clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload based on established process and system timelines.
- Detail-orientated, with solid mathematical skills.
- Ability to work within strict time limitations.
- Solid proficiency using a PC with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Access, and an aptitude to learn several different software applications including ERP solutions, mainframe databases, etc. to perform duties.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills as well as effective oral and written communication skills to accurately process payroll information, deal with inquiries, and investigate and resolve issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations such as dealing with terminated employees.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary college diploma or university degree in a related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in human resources or payroll.
- Salary/wage scale, Benefits, leave administration, and employee lifecycle experience from either a payroll or HR capacity.
- Professional SAP or SuccessFactors experience is required
- Have or are able to quickly acquire knowledge of TTC policies, union agreements for related administration purposes.
- Understanding of mainframe systems is an asset.
- SAP Payroll/Benefits, AskHR / SAP Employee Central Service Centre (C4C Hybris) are assets.
- Employee Service Centre, Shared Services or Customer Service Centre experience is an asset.
The Employee Service Centre is operational Monday to Friday, from 7:00am to 5:00pm. The successful candidate will be required to work shifts within these hours of operations.
To find out more about the TTC and to apply online, by October 27, 2019, please visit www.ttc.ca/jobs, click on “current employment opportunities” and enter Requisition ID 1472 in the search field.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources – Employment Services at 416-393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time27.11.2019 18:03