Regular Full Time Today
ManagerRequisition ID: 2151Markham, ON, CA
Salary Range:93259.00 To 109745.00 (CAD) Annually
Applications are now being accepted for the above position in the Finance Department, Corporate Services Commission. Please submit your cover letter and resume online by February 2, 2020.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Revenue & Property Tax, the successful candidate will assist with the protection and enhancement of the City of Markham’s Tax & Assessment Base, to ensure growth and stability. Highly analytical with sound judgment and superior communication skills, you are adept at researching, analyzing, and interpreting data.
Roles and Responsibilities
The major components of this position are as follows:
- Preparing forecasts for corporate tax related items such as assessment growth, supplementary tax revenue, Payment in-Lieu of taxes, assessment appeals and tax write offs.
- Coordinate the protection and enhancement of the City’s assessment base through research and analysis.
- Calculates the financial impact and assesses the City’s exposure with respect to various appeals or potential appeals and evaluates assessment growth;
- Development of municipal tax and assessment policy and/or procedures for submission to senior Staff and Council Representing the City before various tribunals, working groups and stakeholder consultations.
- Ensuring compliance with all provincial legislation relating to property tax and assessment matters
- Perform other duties as assigned which are directly related to the responsibilities of the position.
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- A professional accreditation in a recognized Association would be considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of provincial and municipal statutes and regulations, pertaining to assessment, taxation and the ability to interpret and explain complex legislation;
- General knowledge and understanding of Zoning Bylaws,Official Plan, Planning Act and the Planning process;
- Ability to multi-task and manage a high volume workload with a high level of accuracy, adhering to tight deadlines.
- Proven analytical, organizational, project/time management, problem solving, negotiation, and report writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
- Change & Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates effective working relationships.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behaviour and accountability, aligns with City values, and abides by relevant policies and legislation.
- Management & Leadership: Demonstrates self management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example.
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time02.02.2020 20:16