The Senior Paralegal is a key member of the City’s legal team, ensuring organization and coordination of the City’s legal files, timely and effective communication and liaison for the City Solicitor’s office, varied legal-related and/or research work and general office administration duties.
The Senior Paralegal provides direct service to the City Solicitor and interfaces with the City Manager, the Corporate Leadership Team and numerous department heads throughout the organization in all matter requiring legal services, review and expertise.
- Drafts and formats legal documents including agreements, contracts, policies and bylaws as well as correspondence and ancillary documentation required for all City legal matters.
- Transcribes correspondence and legal documents from digital recordings or hand written notes.
- Reviews and proofreads outgoing documents, contracts and agreements to ensure they are correct and comply with legal procedures and standards.
- Creates information management systems or databases, sets up and manages filing systems, and maintains a bring-forward or follow-up system to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Provides administrative support to the City Solicitor, including calendar management, file organization and maintenance, preparation for various types of meetings, conferences, workshops, working sessions, and budget and variance reporting for the City Solicitor office.
- Coordinates the flow of information for the City Solicitor office; as the first point of contact for both internal and external customers, responds to routine inquiries.
- Coordinates legal files handled by external legal counsel and ensures timely communication and payment of invoices.
- Maintains professional relationships with City business units, the legal/court system, other law firms, private industry and the public.
- Researches records, court files, other legal documents and background information required for City legal matters.
- Assists with legal software support and conflict of interest reporting.
- Supports records management for Legislative Services including SharePoint support as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Diploma from a recognized Legal Assistant/Paralegal program.
- 10+ years of experience as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- Obtain and maintain Commissioner for Oaths status.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fastpaced, dynamic environment.
- Able to manage, organize and prioritize work independently.
- A high degree or personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Advanced knowledge with Adobe and experience working with PDF’s.
- Knowledge and experience with legal databases (Time Matters, Claw, CanLii and Quicklaw) would be an asset.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
35 hours per week
Salary Range $42.30 – $51.93 per hour
To apply for the Senior Paralegal Position visit www.cityofgp.com, click the “Apply for Jobs” tab to locate the posting.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within one month of the closing date of this job posting. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive per job posting, we are not able to answer job specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time12.08.2019 23:17