Do you want to contribute in building resilient and fiscally sound municipalities in Ontario? Do you possess strong financial and relationship management skills with keen political acuity? Then consider joining our team of dedicated professionals at the Municipal Services Office Western Region, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing!
You will work alongside municipalities and Ontario’s municipal policy and legislative experts in providing a range of advisory and program management services to municipalities related to local government financial issues.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Senior Municipal Financial Advisor, you will:
- provide team leadership, project supervision and technical guidance to municipal advisors
- strategically analyse municipal finance trends in conjunction with counterparts in other regions and divisions, and report corporately on findings
- liaise with senior municipal officials to discuss a variety of related financial issues
- monitor, track, and report on regional issues relating to municipal financial management
- coordinate the delivery of financial assistance programs administered by the regional office
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge of the theories and business practices in municipal financial management together with accounting and balance sheet skills.
- You have knowledge of municipal auditing requirements to understand and identify municipal financial capacity and to discuss the details of various financial challenges.
- You have knowledge of provincial and municipal structure, organization and the various aspects of municipal administration (e.g. finance, budgeting, accounting) in order to develop recommendations for financial strategies, plans, and actions.
- You can prepare technical reports by analyzing information and creating recommendations.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have demonstrated communication and presentation skills to develop reports and documents and communicate information to senior management and municipal management.
- You use tact and diplomacy when dealing with politically sensitive issues of a confidential nature.
- You can effectively present and provide training to a variety of stakeholders.
- You can proficiently create and develop a variety of documents using computer software (ex. word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, data base and financial applications software).
- You have strong interpersonal skills to foster effective partnerships and integrated networks with advisors, specialists and stakeholders across the region and the Ontario Public Service.
Team Leadership, Project Management and Decision-Making Skills:
- You have demonstrated team leadership abilities and commitment to teamwork.
- You have decision-making and strategic thinking skills.
- You have sound judgement to provide advice and influence others and to make an impact in terms of financial leadership.
- You can lead and coordinate projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
Salary Range: $77,450 – $112,571 per year
- 1 Permanent, 659 Exeter Rd, London, West Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 140168, by Friday, November 22, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelExecutive
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time22.11.2019 22:42