Located in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), York Region is the third most populous municipality and third largest business centre in Ontario. It is home to 1.2 million residents, 52,000 business establishments (employers) and 640,000 jobs. We arean employer of choice recognized as a GTA Top Employer, one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People as well as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. This is an exciting time to join the team – it is a time of organizational change and renewal, with afocus on ensuring maximum value and services for the rapidly growing communities we serve. York Region is a leader in the field for innovative technologies and programs with a strong focus on excellence in the services provided to the nine municipalities werepresent. We value employees’ contributions and support opportunities for growth and development. We provide progressive programs and benefits, nurturing employee satisfaction and community involvement. York Region is not only a great place to live, it’s agreat place to work.
Senior HR Business Partner (Manager)
$117,209 – $137,867 annually
Over the past two years, the Human Resources Branch has adopted significant changes to our delivery of HR and strategic support and services to the organization. To help the organization deliver on current and future strategic initiatives, we are seeking aSenior HR Business Partner to support the Transportation Services and Finance departments. The HR Business Partner model is relevatively new to the Region and the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to make a substantial impact in advancing our overalldelivery. You will lead a small team, work proactively and collaboratively with the broader HR team (HR Communities of Expertise) and sit as a member of the department leadership teams for your respective client groups. The Sr. HRBP seeks to develop value-addedand integrated solutions that reflect department objectives aligned to the Strategic Plan, and builds, executes, and enables corresponding change management strategies and plans.
With an ambitious roadmap, the role of Senior Human Resources Business Partner is challenging, requiring exceptional relationship building skills, significant human resources expertise along with a love of business. You must have a reputation for deliveringresults in support of strategic goals, ideally in both public and private sectors, and flourish in a strong team-oriented environment, and in delivering excellent customer service for your client group. Committed to raising the bar for performance, you understandthe challenges of delivering human resource and organizational effectiveness programs in a complex, multi-stakeholder, multi-union environment.
* Degree in Commerce, Human Resources or Industrial Relations from a recognized university or equivalent education and experience.
* A minimum of 8 years of progressive management experience in complex public or private sector unionized work environments.
* Demonstrated understanding of business/operational environments and ability to devise strategic and innovative solutions to address complex human resources issues.
* Strong project management leadership skills working with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Proven ability execute HR programs to drive the achievement of HR business plan objectives.
* Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
* Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborativerelationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
How to Apply
Please apply online by March 16, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- Experience8 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time14.03.2020 21:53