Senior Financial Consultant
Financial Consulting – Victoria , British Columbia
PSD is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
PSD’s Financial Consulting team works collaboratively with Government and Public Sector finance departments. We offer direct assistance to support finance leaders in accomplishing legislated financial duties and making strategic improvements to their financial budgeting, planning, reporting, and statements.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Senior Financial Consultant to join the Financial Consulting team. We are open to a candidate joining us at any of our Canadian locations and have offices in Victoria, BC, Burlington, ON, with our head office in London, ON.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Effectively assist and lead client engagements in the planning, management, and execution of Financial Consulting projects.
• Plan, scope and direct complex assignments.
• Provide both technical and project management leadership skills for client engagements.
• Assume broader financial, resource and administrative accountability.
• Address client issues using your strong technical skills and accounting experience.
• Apply public sector industry knowledge to identify and address issues relevant to our clients.
• Perform supervisory tasks such as effectively managing staff and provide some mentoring and knowledge transfer to less experienced employees.
• Maintain proficiency in the public sector accounting standards (including recent changes in standards) and government financial legislation and best practices applicable to the client base.
• Knowledge of best practices in financial management, policy and strategy development for clients.
• Manage multiple tasks and deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Evaluate client financial management needs and opportunities.
• Analyze client financial data and information to conduct lifecycle costing and forecasting.
• Produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of PSD’s core deliverables.
• Support clients in the implementation of financial management improvement initiatives.
• Assist with determination of client project requirements and coordination of internal team members such as PSD Sales Team Leaders and Account Managers.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing, Research, LGC and Sales departments to ensure client success.
• Coordinate and deliver financial consulting presentations to all levels of client accounts but especially to senior management and director level audiences.
• Guide internal and external stakeholders to ensure project timelines are being met on schedule.
• Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Track and manage project scope changes via Salesforce and smartsheets.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Professional designation required (CA, CMA, CGA, or CPA), i.e. Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) in Canada, and in good standing with the Provincial governing body.
• Post-secondary education, such as a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or similar discipline.
• 5+ years of progressive professional experience in finance, accounting and/or assurance role.
• Expertise in Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) and experience with government finance best practices with a focus on the municipal sector.
• Expertise in public sector financial legislation, municipal financial management (budgeting, reporting and accounting) and the relevant financial software and systems.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate complex financial management projects to high level executives within the public sector.
• Highly developed analytical skills with excellent client facing skills.
• Comfortable interacting with and providing feedback to Chief officers of an organization.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and take charge of client projects.
• Goal oriented individual with a proven ability to drive strong business results and provide guidance to their team.
• Leadership skills: resourcefulness, innovative and collaborative, and ability to lead others.
• Professional self-starter with a commitment to improve skills through continuous learning.
• Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, creative, and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
• Proficient with Google suite, MS Word, Excel, and GoToWebinar.
• Valid drivers license and passport for travel.
• Office work which includes sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
• Travel to clients throughout Canada and the USA to provide on-site project work.
All resumes will be reviewed for professional work experience and aligned skills. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job, the process may take up to a month to complete. We will let the candidates know if we will not be moving them to the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
In person Interview
Candidates invited to an in-person interview will meet with our General Manager of Financial Consulting and a member of the HR team. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and the growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that you will work through a training and development document with your supervisor for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our processes.
• Competitive Salaries
• Full Benefits Package
• Relocation Assistance Program
• Company Matched RRSP Contributions
• Flex Hours & Paid Time off
• Social and Charity events and initiatives
• Ergonomic Workstations
London Ontario is centrally located within just 2 hours of Toronto, ON, Detroit, Michigan and Buffalo, New York. London hosts local and international food and music festivals with a vibrant downtown core and plenty of green space to enjoy the outdoors.
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManager
- Experience6 - 10 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time01.11.2019 15:20