Reporting to the Manager, the Senior Board Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities and services to support the day-to-day business of the Board of Trustees and its Committees including managing the calendar of meetings, preparing and distributing meeting agendas, preparing meeting reports and minutes, drafting correspondence, interpreting board by-laws and providing procedural advice, and communicating and monitoring board decisions; Works independently and cooperatively with a broad range of individuals within and external to the organization; Has access to and is required to handle sensitive confidential and privileged information regarding the operations and administration of the District; Assumes responsibility for the operation of Board Services department in the absence of the Manager.
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree and at least five years of broad administrative experience including experience with governance, policies, operations of a Board, and records management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficient office administrative expertise with the ability to carry out tasks with a high level of professionalism and in an efficient and accurate manner;
- Demonstrate experience with parliamentary procedure and interpreting organizational by-laws;
- Be able to troubleshoot and exercise sound judgement and initiative in the resolution of daily problems;
- The ability to research using internet and other resources;
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality;
- Advanced computer literacy with a proven ability to manage complex databases;
- Be able to accurately record and transcribe the discussion and records of decision at meetings;
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team member;
- Be experienced and knowledgeable in meeting planning and scheduling;
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of information and securely handle privileged information;
- Experience with website editing software is an asset;
- Familiarity with governance structures, policies and operations of a public school board is a strong and definite asset as well as an understanding of the education environment in Ontario.
Interested applicants may submit an up to date resume and covering letter by 2:00 pm, Friday January 24, 2020.
The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board uses Apply to Education (ATE) to manage all applications for job postings/competitions. If you do not have an existing ATE account, create one at www.applytoeducation.com; select the Job Category for ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Custodians, etc.; create your username and password; customize your portfolio; Find the job posting and Apply as an external applicant.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time24.01.2020 13:48
Related Jobs (1)
- Program Manager, Customer Service and Customer Experienceon April 16, 2021Contract