The Municipality of Greenstone Corporate Services Department requires a Senior Analyst-Finance & Asset Management.
The position will report to the Director Corporate Services/Treasurer and works with the Manager, Finance & Accounting and Manager, Revenue as a key member of the Corporate Services management team and of the financial administration of the municipality.
The mandate for this position is to Manage the Municipality’s assets and infrastructure and plan for their maintenance and eventual replacement, ensuring that long term financial strategies are in place for the replacement. Review, assess and recommend methods/alternatives to optimize the life expectancy of all assets and infrastructure.
Provides support to the Treasurer by assisting in the handling of all financial affairs of the municipality and managing the accounting, financial controls, accounting systems, and financial analysis. Responsible for compiling, reviewing, analyzing, and reporting financial data for internal and external requirements.
- University degree or college diploma in business, economics, or finance combined with a Professional Accounting Designation such as a CA, CMA, CGA or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ asset, finance, and/or risk management or related experience, preferably in a public sector organization.
- Must possess strong project management skills and experience with participating or leading large scale corporate projects.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in handling matters of a confidential or politically sensitive nature, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Thorough working knowledge of applicable legislation, municipal taxation, and general accounting transactions (posting, documenting, controlling, and reporting).
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems. Advanced skills with CentralSquare/Vadim financial software and PSD Citywide Asset Management software considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent problem solving, work/project planning and project management skills. Ability to work under pressure to meet legislative, corporate, and departmental deadlines, and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment when planning work programs and projects.
- Strong communication (written, oral and interpersonal), analytical, report-writing, problem-solving, public relations and organizational skills.
- Ability to facilitate presentations and information sessions for staff and Council.
- Skilled in explaining financial related information to non-financial people.
- Possess a valid Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing.
- Reports to Director of Corporate Services/Treasurer
HOURS OF WORK
- Required to work 7 hours/day, 35 hours/week,
- Work in an office and/or home office environment (remotely)
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time02.09.2022 16:00