The Municipality of Brockton invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Senior Accounting/Payroll Clerk. Senior Accounting/Payroll Clerk administers Accounts Receivable, processing of the bi-weekly payroll and provides general accounting support.
Candidates must be self-motivated, flexible, exhibit superior time management capabilities have excellent written/oral communication and computer skills including but not limited to; Microsoft Word and Excel and accounting software.
• Responsible for processing CRA filing requirements (i.e. HST etc.)
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for review by CFO or Tax Collector/Deputy Treasurer
• Complete monthly general journal entries
• Distribute monthly financial reports to Department Heads and relevant committees
• Process biweekly payroll – time sheets.
• Assists with the preparation of T4 and T4A slips, pay slips and balance summaries for employees for Deputy Treasurer to review prior to distribution.
• Prepares, distributes and balances a variety of monthly remittances such as OMERS, WSIB, LTD/STD, Employee Health Tax, & Receiver General and RSP’s
• Process month-end journal entries prior to month end balancing for payroll
• Prepares, keys enters and distribution of A/R invoices for Municipal Office
• Prepare monthly the A/R invoices required by the Fire, Material Management, Roads, Library and Animal, Control departments.
• Process the monthly penalty and interest in the A/R computer program.
• Post-Secondary Degree in Accounting/Business or related field.
• Minimum of two to three years direct experience in the field.
• Previous experience in a municipal environment with knowledge of municipal finance & payroll is considered an asset.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft office including spreadsheet application and advanced skills in computerized accounting software
• Demonstrated ability to interact with the public and peers.
• Requires strong oral and written skills (tact, diplomacy, good judgment).
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines and ensure confidentiality of information.
A copy of the job task list is available by visiting www.brockton.ca/careers.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be progressive, innovative role please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to the undersigned by 4:30 PM Tuesday, December 4, 2018 via e-mail or regular mail. It should be noted that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Julie Farrell, Human Resources Generalist
100 Scott St., Box 68
WALKERTON, Ontario N0G 2V0
The Municipality of Brockton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Municipality of Brockton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Municipality of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time04.12.2018 16:30