The Township of Tiny is seeking a qualified applicant for the full-time position of Records Management Administrator/Health and Safety. The Salary range for this position is $22.45 to $28.87 per hour.
- Community College diploma in Records and Information Management and/or related Records Management training.
- Two years’ experience working in a Records and Information Management Environment.
- Two years’ experience in a municipal or related setting.
- Extensive knowledge of The Ontario Municipal Records Management Systems (TORMS).
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and interpersonal skills in order to achieve collaboration, support and cooperation on projects and assignments.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management capabilities in order to plan and meet (internal) project timelines and legislated deadlines.
- Experience with writing reports, policies, procedures, by-laws, etc.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in order to interact effectively, tactfully and courteously with the public, vendors and all levels of staff.
- Thorough working knowledge of computers and various software systems, Printers/copiers, Scanners, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Thorough working knowledge of Document Imaging concept and process, with ability to learn new software programs quickly (Docushare).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to facilitate working with fellow employees to ensure proper filing of records.
- Knowledge of Municipal, Provincial and Federal Regulations relating to Health and Safety would be an asset.
- Bilingualism in English and French an asset.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to the management of the Corporation’s records.
- Manage records in paper and electronic formats and provide guidance and assistance to all corporate departments.
- Manage the retention and destruction of records to ensure the Corporation complies with legislative requirements and the Township’s Records Retention By-law in accordance with The Ontario Municipal Records Management Systems (TORMS).
- Assist the IT/Health and Safety Administrator with the Health and Safety and Wellness Programs for the Township.
- Comply with provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Township health and safety policies and procedures.
Note: For a more complete job description, please visit www.tiny.ca
Individuals having these qualifications are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of application by 12 noon, April 10, 2020 to:
Township of Tiny
130 Balm Beach Road West
Tiny, ON L0L 2J0
Fax: (705) 526-2372
We thank all applicants who apply for this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Corporation of the Township of Tiny is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
Please inform us should an accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information collected shall only be used for candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.O., 1990, c.M.56.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience2 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time10.04.2020 15:27