The Records and Information Assistant is responsible for championing and providing technical and clerical support in the development, coordination, and maintenance of the Corporate Records Management Program – both physical, electronic and historic records, assisting in the coordination of applicable Sub-Committees, and providing general support to the Legislative Services Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reviews and processes physical and electronic documentation in accordance with the Town of Gravenhurst Corporate Records Management Program using the Ontario Municipal Records Management System (TOMRMS) including assigning classification codes to records and resources, creating/labelling files, entering records data into spreadsheets and the filing of physical, electronic and historic records.
Provides assistance and guidance for all staff on the Corporate Record Management Program and answers inquiries related to records and information management.
Champions and promotes records management best practices, enhancing the profile of records management within the entire corporation.
Assists in conducting research of new technology and methods related to records and information management including document imaging systems and electronic document management. Provides input regarding the design, maintenance and updates to storage of all corporate records (physical, electronic and historic).
Assists in the review and disposition of inactive records by destruction of offsite and electronic storage with the records storage vendors in accordance with legislation, corporate policies and procedures.
Assists in the retrieval process of inactive offsite records as requested by Town staff or through information request processes.
Creates and supports existing forms and templates to support the Corporate Records Management Program, as required.
Participates and provides clerical support for the internal Records Management Working Group, or other records related groups as required, to review the Corporate Records Management Program, discuss issues and share or further develop best practices.
Assists and represents the Town of Gravenhurst at external Records Management Working Groups.
Assists the Deputy Clerk/Committee Coordinator, or designate, with processing Freedom of Information and Routine Disclosure requests in accordance with legislation and corporate polices, assists in the audit of existing record keeping operations to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
As coordinated by the Deputy Clerk/Committee Coordinator, provides procedural support to applicable Sub-Committees including supporting the preparation and distribution of Sub-Committee materials, agenda development, and minute taking.
Provides administrative support to the Chief Returning Officer and Deputy Returning Officer during the Municipal Election cycles including applicable by-elections.
Provides general administrative support to the Legislative Services Department including responding to inquiries from the public and directing the public to appropriate departments when necessary and back-up support to other Legislative Services Department members for coverage, when required.
Carries out special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director of Legislative Services and/or Deputy Clerk / Committee Coordinator.
- Post-secondary education in Records Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Completion of the AMCTO Municipal Administration Program.
- Minimum of one (1) year of job related experience, preferably with an electronic records management document system in a municipal or government setting.
- Advanced working knowledge of The Ontario Municipal Records Management System (TOMRMS), records management and routine disclosure processes.
- Familiarity of meeting procedure, specifically Roberts Rules of Order and municipal procedural by-laws.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, iCompass/Document Centre (electronic agenda), Laserfiche, SharePoint and other Electronic Document Records Management systems.
- Working knowledge of municipal legislation/regulations pertaining to records including the Municipal Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.(MFIPPA), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Electronic Commerce Act (ECA), and the Canadian General Standards on electronic records as documentary evidence.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, communication, multi-tasking, interpersonal, time management, and problem solving.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in handling matters of a confidential or politically sensitive nature and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to cope with multiple interruptions, exercise discretion and good judgment. Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Sets an exemplary example of professionalism and promotes staff participation, change management principles, team work and positive contributions from all departmental staff.
- Complies with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Town health and safety policies.
- Hold a Valid Ontario Driver’s License. (use of own vehicle may be required)
- Physically able to carry out all aspects of the job including the ability to lift records storage boxes and materials (approximately 25 – 50 lbs. individually).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Corporation of the Town of Gravenhurst
3-5 Pineridge Gate, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1Z3
Attention: Human Resources
(705) 687-7016 (Fax)
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelEntry Level
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time20.03.2020 11:49