The Township of Montague, ON, is a small, rural community with a population of about 3700 residents, located south of Ottawa, adjacent to Smiths Falls.
The Township of Montague is seeking an individual with excellent leadership and organizational skills, combined with a high degree of professional judgment, for the position of Public Works Manager. Reporting to the Administrator, the Public Works Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of the Public Works Department and will ensure that the prescribed service levels are delivered within approved budgets.
- Direction and monitoring of the Public Works Roads Department
- Water/Wastewater oversight
- Waste Management oversight
- Building/Facilities maintenance
- Equipment maintenance
- Management of municipal drains
Qualifications must include:
- A four-year recognized University degree or three-year College diploma in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- A membership of good standing with PEO, OACETT, OGRA (CRS) or equivalent education, experience and professional accreditation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in municipal governance, with 3-5 years management experience
- Training in various statutes, including the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Highway Traffic Act
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office, GIS and GPS systems
- A valid ‘G’ license
The Township offers an OMERS pension plan and a competitive benefits package. The 2020 salary range for this position is $70,278 – $85,184. A full job description can be seen at www.montaguetownship.ca
Qualified individuals are invited to forward their resume, along with a covering letter, by fax, mail, or email to the address below by noon on July 23rd, 2020.
The Township of Montague
ATTN: Jasmin Ralph, Clerk Administrator
6547 Rogers Stevens Drive
PO Box 755
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4W6
The Municipality thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The Township is an equal opportunity employer and that accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.
- Offered Salary$70,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time23.07.2020 16:30