Reporting to the Supervisor of Traffic, Parking & By-Laws the By-Law Enforcement Officer is responsible for enforcing all City of Welland regulatory By-laws, including Traffic and Parking By-Laws and the Weed Control Act of Ontario, to obtain compliance. This position responds to complaints, issues parking tickets, conducts onsite inspections, lays charges, makes court appearances, as required, and also acts as the City’s Livestock Evaluator.
4:00pm on Wednesday, June 26, 2019
This part-time position works approximately 14 hours per week, on Saturday and Sunday. The hourly wage range for this part-time position is $31.94 – $33.60.
Department / Reports To:
Infrastructure Services / Supervisor of Traffic, Parking & By-Laws
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed are not meant to provide a description of each and every job performed but only those which represent the core functions of the job.
- Enforce all City regulatory By-laws to obtain compliance, respond to complaints, and conduct onsite inspections of the alleged infractions, lay charges and appear in Court, as required.
- Enforce the Weed Control Act of Ontario by answering complaints from the public and inspecting properties for possible infractions; directing contractors to cut weeds on certain properties after cuttings; maintain appropriate records.
- Enforce provisions of the City’s Licensing By-law which may include but are not limited to inspection of premises applying for license.
- Act as the City’s Livestock Evaluator, including required inspections as necessary.
- Conduct field inspections for Pool Permits, authorize refund of damage deposits and answer any inquiries.
- Provide enforcement of parking restrictions on public/private property.
- Attend Provincial Offences Court and provide evidence under oath based on investigations of By-laws.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year College Diploma in the Law and Security, or similar program.
- Four (4) years’ experience in Municipal By-law enforcement.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s licence, with clean driving record.
- Certified as a Municipal By-law Enforcement Officer by the Municipal Law Enforcement Officers’ Association of Ontario.
- Must be familiar with Courtroom procedure and decorum and have an understanding of the Ontario Evidence Act.
- Strong working knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act, Municipal Act, the Planning Act, Municipal By-laws and other Provincial Acts.
- Strong customer service skills, with ability to communicate effectively and courteously with members of the public and other departments.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time26.06.2019 13:29