The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Timmins Transit and Timmins Handy Transit systems, including scheduling of staff, processing of complaints, accident and incident investigation, payroll supervision, tracking of fare media distribution, and other related activities.
- Supervision of the day-to-day on-street operations of both Timmins Transit and Handy Transit
- Coordinate the daily on road operations ensuring bus operators maintain schedules, routing and courteous service
- Verify the work of assigned employees for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards, policies and procedures
- Coordinate the maintenance, repair and installation of bus route signs, fixtures, shelters; maintain records of bus stop projects
- Participate in the selection of assigned staff; train assigned employees in their areas of work including methods, procedures and techniques of transportation operations
- Provides direct front line supervision and is responsible for providing operational work assignment, guidance, discipline and performance evaluations for staff
- Respond to and investigate complaints from the general public regarding transit, fixed route and specialized transit operations; resolve problems on bus and via telephone in a timely and efficient manner
- Accident, incident and injury investigation
- Replace Manager during his/her absence
- Grade 12 plus a two-year Community College Diploma in Business Administration or a related field
- Provincial or other vocational or professional certification or degree: could include completion of courses offered by CUTA or other industry-related organizations
- Experience motivating, training and supervising staff in a unionized, politically sensitive environment
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license in the appropriate class (CZ or BZ)
- Three to five years’ previous experience in a related field, e.g. supervision, training, transit services, professional driving, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to resolve customer inquiries/complaints in an effective manner
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public
- A team player with excellent leadership skills
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset
- Clear and current Criminal Record Check
SALARY LEVEL 207: $37.90 to $45.49 (2019)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of December 27, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Flr., Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685 VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time27.12.2019 22:30