Manager, Social Services, (Social Housing, Affordable Housing and Homelessness)
Department: Prince Edward – Lennox & Addington Social Services
Supervisor: Director, Social Services
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Salary Range: $84,466.20 to $98,789.60 per year plus a comprehensive benefit package
Full-Time – Non-Union – Internal/External
Closing Date: April 23, 2020
Prince Edward – Lennox and Addington Social Services, a dynamic and progressive organization dedicated to strengthening communities through the delivery of Ontario Works, Child Care and Social Housing, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced professional to manage their social housing and homelessness programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director, Social Services, and in conjunction with other Social Service Managers, manage administrative and operational activities including quality of service delivery and the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of policies and procedures for the programs delivered by PELASS. Facilitate and negotiate partnerships with local business, developers, senior levels of government and local agencies to provide affordable housing projects. The incumbent will also provide guidance and leadership to internal and external stakeholders including the Local Housing Corporation, Non Profit Housing Providers and others on the interpretation and application of legislation, regulations and policy, and is responsible for personnel management.
- Degree or diploma is business, social service, humanities, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in the human services field, in a unionized environment
- Strong change management and team building skills, with a demonstrated ability to empower and motivate staff
- Comprehensive knowledge of related legislation, process, procedures and administration relating to Social Services and ability to apply related legislation, and develop and implement policy/procedures
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and research skills, to develop innovative responses and recommendations to program and administrative challenges
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with a sound decision making ability
- Excellent public relations, interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at www.lennox-addington.on.ca
Note: you are currently unable to apply using a mobile phone
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
- Offered Salary$80,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time23.04.2020 16:30