We have an exciting Full Time Non-Unionized opportunity in the
Office of the City Clerk for an experienced and motivated individual
(JOB # J0720-0376)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Reporting to the Deputy City Clerk, the Manager, Records and Information Governance and City Archivist oversees the City’s Records & Information Governance program and initiatives. Responsible for developing, managing and leading the Corporation’s Archives & Records Management Services and Information Production & Distribution functions, systems and staff. Maintains integrity and security of the Corporation’s records and information. Provides strategic and operational advice and recommendations on Corporate records, information governance framework and initiatives, including the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) System. Manages the development and evaluation of Corporate information management training initiatives for all levels of staff. Develops and manages Corporation-wide performance measures and benchmarking initiatives for records and information management.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Information Management (Master of Information; Master of Archival Studies; etc.) or equivalent.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in information management field; with at least five (5) years in staff supervision, program leadership, policy analysis/development, and project management roles.
- Experience in managing information management functions and systems in a large public or private organization; knowledge of business re-engineering principles and methodologies, and best practices in information management service delivery.
- Certified Records Manager designation or eligibility for same.
- Thorough knowledge of information science (at expert level in technical standards); records and information management and archival theory, principles, methodology, and practice; electronic information management systems and associated computer applications; and information management technical standards
- Ability to analyze, design, implement, and audit processes for the control of complex information management systems; with focus on ensuring trustworthy electronic recordkeeping systems, digital archiving, and information security.
- Knowledge of Electronic Document & Records Management Systems (EDRMS) and Enterprise Content Management Systems (ECM); experience in planning and deployment of same.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation/regulations.
- Certified Archivist (C.A.) designation and municipal environment experience preferred.
- Availability to work flexible hours to accommodate committee meetings, public relation activities, etc.
- Most of the work is performed in an office environment. Some work (10%) is done offsite in the community or at the records centre.
- Work in the records centre may result in exposure to heat, dust and/or microbes.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Friday August 14, 2020
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationMaster’s Degree
- Application Closing Time14.08.2020 16:30