Department: Strategic Transformation Group
Division/Location: Business Planning & Corporate Initiatives
Position: Manager, Project Portfolio Services
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full time position working 35 hours per week.
Halton Region serves more than 580,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
Reporting to the Director of Business Planning and Corporate Initiatives, this position will play a key role in developing, implementing and supporting the Region’s Project Portfolio Management and continuous improvement framework, Strategic Business Plan, and performance measurement and reporting system. This position will also manage and/or participate as a team member on select strategic corporate projects utilizing the Region’s corporate project and program management methodology, integrating change management and continuous improvement methodologies.
The successful candidate will possess a PMP designation with a University Degree in a related field. In addition, experience in the application of project portfolio management processes, knowledge and experience with latest developments and leading practices in the project management industry and profession, (e.g. the PMBOK® Guide) and familiarity with best practices is required. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience providing program/project management services in a large organization, managing complex projects across organizational boundaries, working with a variety of subject areas, mapping business processes, integrating continuous improvement and change management strategies. Experience in strategic planning and development and strategy management including performance measurement and reporting is required. Highly developed oral and written communication skills, effective report writing and presentation delivery, organizational and interpersonal and leadership skills are required. Demonstrated experience in coaching or mentoring project managers and project teams is highly desirable. LEAN continuous improvement and change management designations or experience is desirable. Demonstrated political acuity and experience in a municipal or other government setting is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel will be required; incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
- Leads the strategic business plan development process and provides implementation and performance measurement services.
- Coordinates the annual corporate Municipal Benchmarking Network Canada (MBNC) performance data collection and reporting process.
- Develops and leads successful multi-disciplinary strategic project teams consisting of business experts from other departments from Regional partner organizations externally contracted consultants.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local and regional municipalities, the Province and other partner organizations
- Develops, communicates, monitors and maintains the Region’s project portfolio management process and standardized project management methodology.
- Facilitates the building of organizational capacity to undertake project management activities in the various practice areas through coaching, training workshops and other techniques.
- Monitors project management best practices and industry directions.
- Apply knowledge of Regional business practices and industry best practices to identify business improvement opportunities.
- Participates as a member of the BP&CI Divisional Management team.
- Performs other duties as assigned
|Posting Date:||October 5, 2020|
|Posting Expires:||Posted until filled|
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
|NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.|
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSpecialist
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time20.11.2020 16:30