The Town of Aylmer is a progressive and growing urban center strategically positioned in the heart of Southwestern Ontario. Aylmer services a primary market of over 20,000 from the East Elgin County area and a secondary market of over 500,000. Aylmer is a growing community with a population of approximately 7,500. Community spirit and a rich history describes our hometown hallmark. A vibrant industrial park and unique commercial area compliment the thriving residential base.
The Town of Aylmer is inviting applications for a progressive and dynamic individual with a sense of vison and a commitment to community development to join the Corporate team.
With several years of demonstrated planning experience combined with related educational background, the individual will take on the responsibilities of Manager Planning and Development. Reports directly to the Director of Corporate and Legislative Services. General responsibilities will include:
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Review preliminary design concepts at pre-consultation stage prior to formal application and provide professional and timely feedback regarding potential issues, solutions, plans and studies that may be required.
- Evaluate development applications for adherence to town, Regional, and Provincial planning regulations, guidelines policies and standards.
- Formulate thorough and comprehensive reports based on a thorough analysis of issues with professional recommendations.
- Answer questions on complex matters, often in a public forum, while being accountable for the information conveyed.
- Manage timelines to ensure projects and applications progress within legislated and other inflexible timelines.
- Manage inventory of properties and develop marketing strategy for industrial lands and surplus properties.
- 4-year Honours degree in Planning or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in planning or a related field.
- Full Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners and Ontario Professional Planners Institute as a Registered Professional Planner.
- Strong analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in planning methodologies, engagements and facilitating successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communications skills with a strong focus on customer service.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills with a demonstrated ability to manage community engagement.
- Demonstrated strong applied computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office programs.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications to:
The Corporation of the Town of Aylmer, Attention: Human Resources, 46 Talbot St. W. Aylmer, ON N5H 1J7 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidential resumes will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on May 3, 2021.
A copy of the complete position description is available from the Town’s website at: https://www.aylmer.ca/index.php/HumanResources/EmploymentOpportunities or by email at email@example.com.
Aylmer is a progressive employer that provides a comprehensive benefits package. 2021 Salary range: $90,253.80 – $109,673.20.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Aylmer will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicant.
- Offered Salary$90,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience2 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time03.05.2021 16:30