Position: Manager, Planning and Development
Category: Permanent Full Time (35 hours/week)
Salary: Pay Band 15 – $56,724.10 – $70,905.13
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by noon, December 20, 2019 to: email@example.com.
About West Grey:
Located in Grey County, and serving a population of approx. 13,000, the Municipality of West Grey is a combination of rural, farm communities, friendly urban centres and quaint villages. With our quintessential ‘small-town Ontario’ vibe, our calming, yet breathtaking scenery, and recreation for every season, West Grey is a truly welcoming place to call home.
To learn more, please visit Municipality of West Grey’s website
Summary of Desired QualificationsCandidates should have a solid understanding of planning and development approval processes including official plans, zoning bylaws, and development standards. Candidates should have advanced knowledge of provincial legislation relating to the Municipal Act, the Planning Act, the Ontario Building Code/Act, the Official Plan and Zoning By-law. Our ideal candidate has a passion for community development, including fostering economic development, as well as being exceptionally organized and interpersonal. Public relations skills and strong written and oral communication skills would be considered desirable assets as well.
- University degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Rural Planning, Environmental Studies, Geography or a related field
- Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP), the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) and has obtained the Registered Professional Planner (RPP) designation
- Thorough knowledge of principles, practices and procedures related to community, urban, rural and regional planning and zoning administration
- Three to five years working experience
- Experience and familiarity with GIS databases
- A solid understanding of and technical expertise with respect to legislation, regulations, policy and implementation instruments
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time20.12.2019 16:38