The Municipality of Meaford is located in the County of Grey on the western shore of beautiful Georgian Bay in Central Ontario. With a rural and urban mix population of approximately 11,000, the Municipality offers abundant recreational and lifestyle opportunities.
The Municipality is looking for a Manager of Strategic Initiatives to develop plans, implement and execute on Council’s approved strategic and growth initiatives across the Municipality, including marketing and communications. Reporting directly to the CAO/Director of Development Services, the role works in collaboration with and supports Senior Management by managing projects/initiatives, developing and maintaining community relationships, identifying and implementing sustainable growth opportunities that align with the strategic goals of Council and support and promote the overall prosperity of the Municipality.
The successful applicant will have:
- A post-secondary degree in public or business administration, economic development, public relations, marketing, communications or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ of related/relevant municipal experience, preferably working with Council and Senior Management.
- 1 year of supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Project management experience and the acquired skills and ability to lead projects through multi-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Knowledge of economic development practices, strategic planning and execution methodologies, change management methods and practices.
- Experience with community engagement platforms, survey development and event planning considered an asset.
To view the full job posting and to apply please visit the Municipality website at www.meaford.ca. Interested qualified applicants are required to forward their cover letter and resume to the Municipality quoting Job #2019-31 by Friday November 15, 2019.
The Municipality of Meaford is committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time15.11.2019 22:33