This position is responsible for the full range of services supporting the City’s corporate records and freedom of information/privacy program including developing and maintaining the City’s records and document management and FOI/privacy strategies, policies and procedures on a corporate-wide basis. The incumbent is a key member of the Clerks Department senior management team.
The incumbent is responsible to:·
- In the capacity as “Deputy City Clerk” ensure compliance with all relevant legislation such as the Municipal Act and Municipal Elections Act legislation and carry out statutory duties for signing purposes in swearing of oaths and affidavits and the execution of documents on behalf of the Corporation.
- Direct corporate records, documentation and public archive management activities, managing records appraisals, intellectual control, preservation, public outreach and reference services. Acquire, preserve and make available records of legal, financial, historical and evidential value as required.
- Develop short and long-range strategies to manage the Corporation’s Records and Information Management program including the planning, design and implementation of a vital records protection and disaster recovery program for both traditional and electronic records. Establish procedures for the analysis, business case development and selection of systems.
- Manage corporate records management system(s) to collect, protect and preserve information and ensure life cycle records and records management systems activities are consistent with corporate strategy, policies, practices and applicable federal and provincial legislation.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to departments and other users with respect to the storage, retrieval and final disposition of records, and on matters related to Access and Privacy. Assist users in controlling costs and operations associated with these activities.
- Oversee and advise on the City’s responsibilities under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, research and write reports on a variety of subjects and prepare by-laws to meet statutory requirements.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the section, including staff and performance management and participate in or lead inter-departmental and corporate project teams.·
- As part of Clerks department senior management team, assist with ongoing emergency planning and business continuity.
- Prepare and monitor the section’s current and capital budget requirements.
- Provide back-up coverage and assistance to the other members of the Department’s Management Team as required, with complete Deputy City Clerk responsibilities during the City Clerk’s absence.
As a qualified applicant you have a university degree in Public Administration, Business, Political Science, Library Science or closely related field. Completion of the AMCTO Municipal Administration program or CMO designation is highly beneficial.
You also have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a municipal environment and significant leadership accomplishments, including at least two years working in a supervisory role. You demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. You have a track record accomplishing objectives through a commitment to promoting the customer experience, exceptional communication skills and an ability to develop collaborative partnerships at all levels throughout the organization and community. Your strong project management skills are shown through previous success leading, developing and implementing business/project plans, project plans. Organizational skills are required to navigate competing priorities and agendas successfully and meet multiple deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
$112,573 – $140,716
March 2, 2020
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on “View Jobs”. Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time02.03.2020 21:31