The Town of Riverview is currently seeking a Manager of Public Works. This position is responsible for the overall operational management of the Town’s public works, maintenance services and operations. The position includes staff supervision and the related administrative duties. The incumbent will organize,schedule and supervise staff to ensure the timely completion of assigned duties, and to ensure that all work is completed following established safe work practices. The position has overall responsibility for the repair and preventative and ongoing maintenance of streets, storm and sanitary sewers, water distribution facilities and departmental vehicles and equipment. The Manager is accountable to ensure a preventive maintenance program is in place to ensure the Town optimizes its assets. The incumbent may also be subject to extensive contact with the public to resolve complaints,infrastructure issues, etc.
- University degree or equivalent post-secondary diploma Public Works Management.Engineering Technology, Utility Management and/or a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive supervisory experience in municipal operations.
- Supervisory experience within a unionized workforce.
- Demonstrated knowledge of municipal public work systems and utilities
- Acquisition of Water Distribution Class II and the Wastewater Class III.
- Proven leadership, team and personnel development and relationship building skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement Town policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and implement the NB Occupational Health & Safety Act and WorkSafeNB regulations.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills, strong presentation skills,and excellent negotiation skills.
- Possession of a valid Province of New Brunswick driver’s license Class 5.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Workplace First Aid and CPR/AED certified.
- Critical thinking skills that allow for appropriate trouble shooting, problem solving and prioritization.
- Proven ability in planning and executing targets and goals
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task,handling competing priorities and deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Criminal Record Check to meet Town standards.
- The position requires discretion and good judgment and will operate in accordance with established policies and procedures. Demonstrate and maintains a high standard of professional conduct,holistic problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative in the development and implementation of solutions to work requests and complaints.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Public Works Operations:
- Plan,direct and organize daily operations including but not limited to: the development of work priorities, assignment of daily work and projects to work crews, monitoring crew activities, and supervising and providing technical direction to ensure work is completed in accordance with Town policies and procedures
- Development and administration of long and short term maintenance programs and schedules for municipal infrastructure and equipment involving the inspection of streets,sewer and water systems, street cleaning, side walk replacement and repair,lights, signs and equipment.
- Development and implementation of programs for municipal snow removal, sanding and salting.
- Responsible for investigating and responding to complaints or work requests from residents or other municipal departments. This involves determining the nature of the issue and possible resolutions align with Town policies and procedure, prioritizing the response to such complaints or requests and monitoring the progress of any ensuing work.
- Prepare technical reports, logs,specifications, requests and other documentation as requested by the Department Director.
- Assigns vehicles and develops efficient methods of equipment utilization.
- Responsible for the requisition of supplies, parts and equipment as needed.
- Participate in the development of annual Operating and Capital Budgets.
- Emphasis will be placed on development and implementation of a preventative maintenance schedule that will include preventative maintenance for all operating systems and equipment within the department.
- Employee Engagement:
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively in support of Engineering and Public Work staff, the Town of Riverview, and the community at large.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other Town employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Participates on various external and internal committees as required.
- Health and Safety:
- Follows emergency response procedures and responds to emergencies related to accidents, injuries, or threats to the facilities.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of departmental work-specific material safety data sheets (MSDS) and employee related education.
- Responsible for the development of departmental work-specific codes of practice, employee related education, and conducting monthly Safety Talks.
- Applications will be accepted up to 4:30 pm, Friday, February 15th, 2019.
Your resume and cover letter must clearly indicate how you meet the above-mentioned job requirements. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating ‘Manager, Public Works’ in the subject line.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time15.02.2019 16:30