Renfrew County is located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley. The area is rural in nature and is made up of distinct regions, offering a range of living styles, outdoor adventures and a welcoming community. This could be your opportunity to live life to the fullest. The County of Renfrew offers exciting opportunities to contribute and grow, in a collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Property, the Manager of Planning Services has responsibility for a full range of professional land use planning functions as well as supervising Planning staff, and preparing and monitoring the budget of the Planning Division. This responsibility includes making recommendations regarding the County Official Plan to the Director, the Development and Property Committee and/or County Council. Emphasis is on providing professional advice regarding land use matters, and to champion the County as a development ready community.
- University degree in Planning or closely related discipline. A Masters degree is considered an asset.
- Professional experience in municipal planning with an emphasis on rural and small urban environments.
- A proven track record of working with the development community leading to community growth.
- Designation as a Registered Professional Planner (RPP) within the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI), or Progressing to designation as an RPP or Eligibility for full membership in Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP).
- Working knowledge of planning practices, the Ontario Planning Act and the Provincial Policy Statement is essential.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory and project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and analytical skills are essential.
- Offered Salary$80,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience4 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time08.04.2021 16:30