The City of Woodstock is looking for an IT leader that is ready for a big challenge.
As the leader of the team, you will plan and implement processes that will successfully allow the IT team to tackle municipal technology opportunities. With the support of City leadership and Council, you will be expected to partner with business unit leaders to bring technology and service changes that make the City better for citizens and bring efficiency and productivity improvements for management and staff.
This is an exciting opportunity, and we are looking for an innovative, strong IT leader with the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, a related discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five to seven years of progressive IT experience including and not limited to complex systems management in a corporate environment, corporate scale project combined with direct supervisory experience preferably in a municipal setting.
- Leadership skills commensurate with the role of communicating and leading technology driven change.
- Strategic skills commensurate with leading not only an IT division, but also leading the use and management of information technologies throughout the organization.
- Relationship building skills to facilitate an amicable yet effective rapport with IT team members and business units that rely on IT services.
- Customer service, project management, and facilitation skills; knowledge of industry standard practices, guidelines, benchmarks, safety policies and procedures
- Experience and demonstrated ability to negotiate and effectively manage technical agreements, contracts, vendors and partners
- Excellent administration, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, interpersonal, oral and written communication, and supervisory/management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff, external organizations, etc; and to work under pressure to meet deadlines, manage projects in tight time frames, etc.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with staff, other departments/levels of government, the public and other departmental contacts; flexibility/availability to respond to “after hours” emergencies, and/or overtime as may be required.
- PMP and ITIL Certification considered an asset
- Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
Salary range is currently $89,608 – $112,011.
A standard 35-hour work week Monday – Friday, with some extra hours as required.
The role is based at City Hall in Woodstock, with some travel to other city departments, and the ability to work under minimum supervision and be self-directed is required. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
If you think you are a good candidate, we encourage you to apply. All resumes and cover letters will be reviewed and they should be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, February 12, 2020.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time12.02.2020 10:38