The Municipality of Meaford is located in the County of Grey on the western shore of beautiful Georgian Bay in Central Ontario. With a rural and urban mix population of approximately 11,000, the Municipality offers abundant recreational and lifestyle opportunities.
The Municipality is looking for a Manager of Human Resources to be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the overall Human Resources and Health & Safety functions at the Municipality. Develops and implements new and revised corporate Human Resources and Health & Safety policies, procedures and associated training. Provides guidance and recommendations to the CAO, Directors and managers regarding HR and Health & Safety policies, procedures and employee relations.
The successful applicant will have:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Human Resources Generalist with a minimum of 5 years’ of related experience, a strong knowledge in all aspects of Occupational Health & Safety, and supervisory/management experience preferably in a public sector organization.
- Experience implementing and managing a comprehensive organizational Health & Safety Program preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources principles and practices, application legislation including the Employment Standards Act, job evaluation methods, compensation and benefit administration, recruitment techniques, policy development, and employee relations practices and principles.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).Knowledge and experience working with financial, payroll and HR and on-line training software applications.
To view the full job posting and to apply please visit the Municipality website at www.meaford.ca. Interested qualified applicants are required to forward their cover letter and resume to the Municipality quoting Job #2020-14 by Friday April 3, 2020.
The Municipality of Meaford is committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request.
- Offered Salary$80,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time01.04.2020 22:09
Related Jobs (2)
- RFP: Service Delivery Improvement Project – Renfrewon March 19, 2020Contract