If you’re looking to make a difference to help build a resilient and highly engaged customer centric organization and promote an atmosphere where all staff are encouraged to pursue and realize their full potential, this is your opportunity.
The Town of Cochrane, situated around Lake Commando has the largest gold mine in North America nearby, two world class forestry mills poised for prosperity, some of the leading green energy initiatives in the region and is home to the Polar Bear Express train and Polar Bear Habitat. Cochrane, is a four season location noted for camping, fishing, snowmobiling, hiking and it boasts of a very diversified economy in retail, tourism, hospitality, restoration, construction and trades.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Senior Manager of Human Resources is responsible for the strategic development and day-to-day administration of the corporate human resources function including Talent Management, Onboarding, Human Capital Planning, HR Metrics, Staff Training & Development, Employee and Labour Relations, Client Services to operating departments, Compensation, Benefits Administration and Occupational Health & Safety and wellness programs.
- University/College degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Business or related discipline.
- Eligibility for/holder of the Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL), CHRP or equivalent or designation from the Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario (HRPAO).
- A proven track record and experience delivering a wide range of HR services in a unionized environment, understanding of labour negotiations, collective agreements, grievance/arbitration procedures, strong understanding of compensation, payroll and benefits, job evaluation and pay equity.
- Ability to align HR programs/services with corporate strategic direction; to foster corporate thinking and a consultative, cooperative team approach and positive attitude among staff; and to champion the vision, purpose and values of the Town.
- Thorough working knowledge of all related Provincial and Federal regulations, acts and human resource best practices and ability to assess, develop and update a wide range of HR policies.
Compensation -$90,000 to $100,000 plus comprehensive package of benefits.
To learn more about the Town of Cochrane or obtain a complete job description contact www.cochraneontario.com. Qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and a detailed resume to Evelyn Dean at email@example.com. For more information contact Evelyn Dean at www.edeanassociates.com. Please feel free to forward this opportunity to those that may be interested. We look forward to your inquiries. This position will be advertised until filled. The Selection process will begin November 5, 2019.
The Town of Cochrane is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for the recruitment process. Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time04.11.2019 22:39