The Township of Ramara is a rural community located in Central Ontario, along the north-eastern shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. In Ramara, people are our priority. Our people are the cornerstone of our organization. We are always seeking creative and skilled individuals with the ability and desire to lead in our dynamic workplace. Each of our team members brings diverse experiences and perspectives, as well as unique skills and talents to the job. Our diverse compliment ensures an environment where individual, team, and organizational successes are embraced and celebrated. All team members have equal opportunity within the organization to thrive and attain their highest potential. We welcome your application for the Manager of Financial Services / Deputy Treasurer position and look forward to discussing how the Township of Ramara can become your next career choice.
- Assist all department heads with financial and analytical reporting, costing/scenario modeling for budget purposes and other financial analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring Asset Management, including Tangible Capital Asset Accounting and Asset Management Planning are completed in accordance with legislative requirements, Council policy and industry best practices.
- In collaboration with the Director of Financial Services / Treasurer, manage revenues and expenditures for the Township.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting processes for all departments. (general ledger reconciliation)
- Assist the Treasurer in the preparation of year-end working papers, the draft financial statement and financial information return (FIR) in conjunction with Municipal Auditor.
- Assist department heads and the Director of Finance with analyzing the financial/budget impact of projects or purchases including performing cost/benefit analysis to provide information for Council reports.
- Provide assistance to the Director of Finance and the organization with the development and operation of the Township’s financial reporting and procedures.
- Support, motivate and train staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality, organizational performance and continuous learning.
- Must have a minimum of a three year post-secondary education in the field of Business Administration/Accounting, however a University education would be considered an asset.
- To hold or to be in the process of obtaining a CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation would be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices and Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices including strategic and financial planning and budget variance analysis.
- Must have the ability to conduct detailed and/or non-structured analysis with minimum supervision within tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate advanced analytical, consultative and problem solving skills with the ability to develop and recommend effective solutions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and Council in an efficient, diplomatic and understandable manner.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of computerized financial applications; proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point)
- Five to seven years relevant accounting experience, with advanced excel experience and the ability to create complex formulas.
- Experience preparing, reviewing, and opening RFP’s and RFQ’s would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of municipal infrastructure and capital asset management plans would be considered an asset.
Join our Team
To apply, please combine your cover letter and resume into a PDF document entitled “Deputy Treasurer” addressed to Brittany Wilson, Manager of Human Resources/ Health & Safety and submit to email@example.com by 4:30pm on November 28, 2022.
A detailed job description is available on our website www.ramara.ca. We thank all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Offered Salary$90,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time28.11.2022 16:30