Founded in 1798, Cobourg is rich in history, offering visitors and residents a vibrant heritage downtown shopping experience, exciting cultural and entertainment opportunities, comprehensive recreational programs and services and a renowned waterfront district with parks, beaches, boardwalks and a marina. As the largest town in Northumberland County, Cobourg is personified by historic Victoria Hall, hosts provincial and national sporting events in its state-of-the art Community Centre and maintains a skilled labour force, flourishing commercial sector and supportive municipal government.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Community Services, the Manager of Facilities is responsible for the Community Services Divisions facilities operations and services including arena operations, building maintenance and contracted services. The incumbent provides direction and daily management to staff including Arena Attendants [Operators], and external contractors in order to carry out and maintain maximum efficiency in a cost-effective manner.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in facilities management or related field is required;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in recreation facilities management, including a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the operation and maintenance of an ammonia plant refrigeration system is required;
- Leadership and management experience acquired through managing staff and/or leading teams;
- A valid Class “G” Driver Licence held in good standing;
- Knowledge of building operating systems, refrigeration systems and basic electrical, plumbing and mechanical experience is required;
- Satisfactory criminal record check;
This is a full time, 40 hours per week position and is governed by the Town’s Non-Union Policies and Procedures. This position may be required to respond outside normal working hours as required.
The annual salary for this position is Grade 9 $74,835 – $87,547 plus a competitive benefit package.
For a detailed list of the position responsibilities, required qualifications and details on how to apply please visit www.cobourg.ca/jobs.
Interested applicants should forward their resume in confidence no later than 4:30 pm Friday November 22, 2019 to the attention of:
Human Resources DepartmentCorporation of the Town of Cobourg Fax: (905) 372-8819
55 King Street West Email: email@example.com Cobourg, ON
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will receive a response.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended. The Town of Cobourg is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time22.11.2019 11:22