The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry (SDG) is located along the St. Lawrence River in the south-eastern corner of Ontario. SDG is “Where Ontario Began”, and is rich in heritage, tradition, and culture with an abundance of historical sites, great events, and beautiful attractions. With a population of 65,000, SDG is primarily rural yet close to urban centres such as Cornwall, Ottawa, and Brockville.
The County is presently accepting applications for the full-time position of Manager of Economic Development. This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing the approved economic development programs and initiatives of the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry. The Manager of Economic Development is an integral part of the Corporate Services team and is responsible for managing the tourism staff and activities of the County.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and manage the Tourism Coordinator and Administrative Assistant – Economic Development and Communications. Coordinate the tourism activities of the County.
- Manage and oversee the County Regional Incentives Program.
- Promote and encourage industrial, commercial, residential and agricultural development that increases assessment, employment, and social opportunities.
- Recommend, develop and implement program alternatives to market SDG for economic growth. Implement approved corporate marketing strategies and liaise with various external agencies/organizations on projects with common focus.
- Develop strong relationships with local municipalities within SDG and collaborate and assist when possible for the mutual benefit of local businesses and residents.
- Coordinate regional economic development themes, provide assistance in planning, promoting, researching and monitoring.
- Identify and analyze the needs of different sectors and pursue possible funding opportunities that promote and enhance the capacity of SDG to provide economic development services.
- Develop, organize, and maintain SDG’s economic related statistics, databases, prepare related reports and ensure that data for available properties is accurate and current for potential investment opportunities.
- Develop annual budgets. Responsible for monitoring, controlling and reporting budget variations.
- Respond to and direct development inquiries and coordinate with local municipalities.
- Appropriately represent the County at various public events/meetings, including speaking/presenting as required. Attend relevant conferences/seminars.
- Post-secondary education in business administration, commerce, economic development, marketing, communications, or related discipline.
- EcD designation is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in economic development in the municipal or broader public sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of economic development strategies, theories and programs, as well as excellent communication skills, advisory and customer service skills, knowledge of social media, analytical and report writing skills.
- A valid Ontario Class ‘G’ driver’s license is required for this position.
2020 Salary Range:$80,512 to $92,014 with full benefit package and pension
Location: County Administration – 26 Pitt Street, Cornwall, Ontario
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to visit our website at www.sdgcounties.ca to obtain the complete instruction package on how to apply. Applications will be received by e-mail until 12:00 noon on Friday, January 29th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information received in this application will be used solely for employee selection purposes and will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code during the hiring process.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time29.01.2021 12:00