The District of Muskoka is seeking an experienced and dynamic Civil Engineer, who has focused their career on Structural engineering, to join our Engineering and Public Works department.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering and Transportation, the Manager, Infrastructure Engineering oversees staff, general contractors, consultants and external agencies involved in the planning and design stage of all projects administered directly by the District’s Public Works division. The incumbent also represents the District on projects administered by various consultants and maintains close communication with utility companies, consulting engineers, area municipalities, and other levels of government.
The Manager, Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing, reviewing and approving:
- Bridge, Culvert and Structural appraisals in compliance with District by-laws, provincial and federal statutes, regulations and guidelines;
- The planning and design of capital water/wastewater, road and bridge reconstruction and rehabilitation projects including the Port Carling Locks;
- Overseeing the design, preparation of plans, specifications and contract documents, tendering, construction and administration of all horizontal and vertical infrastructure works and ensure compliance with District by-laws, provincial and federal statutes, regulations and guidelines;
- Representing the District when collaborating with Area Municipalities on joint infrastructure projects as it relates to planning, design and capital budgeting;
What you will bring to us
As a professional Engineer we expect that you are highly motivated with the proven ability to meet performance objectives and will possess well developed leadership, organization and communication skills. You are also thoroughly familiar with the Municipal environment and have a working knowledge of computer assisted engineering methods and management information systems.
On the practical side, you are a graduate of a university program in Civil Engineering, with preference to those with a focus in structural engineering. You are a licensed P.Eng. and a member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO). You will bring to us at least five (5) years directly related post-graduate experience, including a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
The Annualized Salary range for this Management level position is: $ 87,300 – $102,784
How to Apply
If you have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, please review the “How to Apply” instructions on our website before submitting your application: https://www.muskoka.on.ca/en/district-government/Career-Opportunities.aspx
Once you have reviewed the instructions, please click on the “Apply Now” link, next to the posting, to submit your application in the specified format. If an “Apply Now” link does not exist, we are no longer accepting applications to the posting.
POSTING CLOSING DATE: Friday, November 15, 2019 @ 12:00 NOON
The District Municipality of Muskoka is committed to meeting its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources department as soon as possible. Accommodation may be provided in all steps of the hiring process.
Any questions regarding this posting should be directed to the Human Resources Department.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time15.11.2019 12:40