Situated in picturesque Niagara, the unique environment encompasses Lake Ontario as well as the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
Reporting to Town Clerk, the Legislative and Committee Coordinator will provide support and customer service to both internal and external customers. Acting as a key liaison for members of the public and the Department, this position coordinates meetings, agendas and minutes, as well as other administrative and / or legislative functions. Other duties include (but are not limited to) the delivery of lottery and marriage licensing, Municipal Elections and vital statistics.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a Public Administration or other relevant area;
- Completion of the Municipal Administration Program and / or Parliamentary Procedures would be considered an asset;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience, ideally in a municipal setting;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Municipal Act, Municipal Conflict of Interest Act, Municipal Elections Act and other relevant legislation;
- Strong organizational, judgement, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license.
- Flexible hours including evening work is required.
This position offers a dynamic and progressive workplace with opportunity for growth and development.
- Offered Salary$60,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time27.03.2020 21:15