An excellent career opportunity awaits you at the Town of Huntsville. If you want to work in a community that is set in one of the most beautiful natural settings in Canada and offers a great quality of life with all the amenities, this is the job for you!
Located in Ontario’s cottage country, the Town of Huntsville is the largest community in the District Municipality of Muskoka and in proximity to the west side of Algonquin Park. Within this exciting setting, the Town of Huntsville has a vibrant downtown and offers many cultural and outdoor recreational opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of Legislative Services/Clerk, the Legal and Agreements Coordinator is responsible for providing the review, coordination and/or maintenance of contracts and agreements to ensure compliance with Council direction and policies and procedures and the research and drafting of policies and staff reports. The Legal and Agreements Coordinator will work with staff across the Corporation to coordinate and/or maintain the property inventory, index of corporate property contracts and agreements, public land sales, acquisitions, closings, occupancies and leases. This position will also assist with municipal elections and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completed post-secondary education in the area of legal and corporate discipline and/or Law Clerk Diploma
- A minimum of 4 (four) years of experience working in association with or directly in a municipal environment would be an asset.
- Completion of the Municipal Administration Program (MAP) would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of contracts and agreements, conveyances and familiarity with the Municipal Act and Planning Act including technological proficiency with Teraview and the ability to read and interpret legal surveys and municipal records is also required.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills complimented with excellent administrative, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time management skills will be an asset.
- Researching skills, practical experience and proficient knowledge of MS Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word are required.
- GIS knowledge and familiarity with iCompass and Laserfiche would be an asset.Glass “G” Driver’s license in good standing.
- Offered Salary$60,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience4 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time20.11.2020 16:30