Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
$100,633 to $114,288 annually.
This is a Replacement Non-Union position.
The Labour & Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for providing proactive and responsive approaches to solving employee and labour relations issues and promoting a positive and productive work environment. Under the direction of the Lead, Labour and Employee Relations, the Labour & Employee Relations Specialist provides coaching, guidance and advice to internal HR clients and designated departments on a variety of employee/labour relations and collective agreement interpretation matters. This role will ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, policies and practices. The Labour & Employee Relations Specialist works collaboratively with clients to maximize overall organizational effectiveness.
* Provides guidance, advice and support on a broad range of LR/ER matters such as interpretation and administration of collective agreements, dealing with complaints and grievances, performance management, discipline, and absenteeism.
* Leads Workplace Harassment and Discrimination investigations, and prepares reports and supporting documentation as required.
* Ensures compliance with all relevant policies and legislation.
* Upholds good communications and cooperative working relationship with labour representatives, fosters positive and proactive labour relations, and makes recommendations for improving and increasing communications with Union partners.
* Liaises with HR Business Partners, HR Consultants, recruiters, legal, cross-functional staff and external contacts as required.
* Liaises proactively with Union Representatives to determine if potential grievances can be settled/resolved prior to or after filing such grievance.
* Maintains and fosters ongoing commitment to continuous improvement for the HR Branch.
* Maintains currency of knowledge on Labour Relations issues and trends through research and attendance at various conferences and seminars as approved/directed.
* Conducts management training on Labour and Employee Relations matters.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet department and Regional objectives.
* Degree from a recognized university with specialization in Human Resources or Labour Relations or equivalent education and experience.
* A minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience directly related to labour and employee relations, in complex public or private sector unionized work environments.
* Strong HR generalist background with extensive labour relations experience dealing with grievances, mediations, arbitrations, investigations and contract negotiations.
* Excellent knowledge of employment and labour law in Ontario including Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Human Rights Code.
* Knowledge of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), Ontario Pay Equity Act and all other related legislation.
How to Apply:
Please apply online by March 15, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time15.03.2020 17:19
Related Jobs (1)
- Program Manager, Customer Service and Customer Experienceon April 16, 2021Contract