The Job Analyst works within a team to support the job analysis process for all jobs within the City of Kitchener.This individual is responsible for job analysis, conducting interviews, writing job descriptions and facilitating job evaluation systems for all employee groups.
In Collaboration with the broader Human Resources team, the incumbent will ensure compliance with the Pay Equity act.
- Analyze jobs by researching and collecting information through direct and indirect sources
- Write new job descriptions and update existing job descriptions for all City of Kitchener positions.
- Conduct interviews and observe work processes to gather information about job requirements.
- Assist staff and supervisors with understanding the job evaluation process and rating decisions
- Ensure consistency and uniformity of writing style of job descriptions.
- Administer job evaluation systems for all groups including the facilitation of rating and appeal committees and preparation of benchmarking and job evaluation documentation for meetings.
- Create and maintain organizational charts for the City. Provide customized organizational charts as required.
- Prepare internal communications related to job evaluation outcomes
- Update intranet content related to job descriptions, job evaluation and organizational charts.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3-year degree/diploma in related field
- Minimum 2 years’ of related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of job analysis, job evaluation and compensation administration principles
- Knowledge of the Pay Equity Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated skill in analyzing and evaluating job content and writing accurate job descriptions
- Understanding of human resource practices
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to use software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and human resources management systems
- Must be able to work independently
To learn more about this opportunity please visit: www.kitchener.ca/careers
Posting Closing Date: November 18, 2019
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time18.11.2019 14:21