The Corporation of the City of Elliot Lake is seeking applications for the position of IT Network & Systems Administrator. Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, this position ensures the stability, security, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
The preferred applicant will have:
- Minimum two (2) or three (3) year College Diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science/Engineering, network design, database design and maintenance, IT systems security and maintenance). Net +, CCNA/CCNP, MCSE and VMWare certifications are considered an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years of related Information Technology experience as a system or network administrator.
- Proven experience and technical knowledge of current messaging and collaboration systems software, protocols and standards, including Microsoft Exchange, Mobile Device management solutions, SQL-server and Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Strong working knowledge of patch management and change control practices
- Experience in a network architecture role within a complex systems environment including experience designing and implementing wide area network
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft, Datacenters, VMWare, Enterprise Backup solutions and Virtualization software.
- Hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus and spam filtering software, data encryption
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining of server hardware and associated network equipment
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior customer service and communications skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work based upon business needs; balance conflicting demands of stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- A valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence for travel to staffed locations and some unmanned areas, such as tower locations.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and Provincial legislation and related regulations, including those on safety
- Ability to work overtime and attend meetings / callouts on occasion.
- Capacity to manage constant visual attention and mental concentration with frequent interruptions; position requires some modest physical effort e.g. lifting equipment weighing up to 15 kilograms, periods of standing, climbing ladders to address cabling, wireless mounts on outside of buildings etc.
Rate of Pay: $36.51 hourly (Under Review)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY AUGUST 9, 2019
All applicants are thanked but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time09.08.2019 21:00