We invite you to become a part of our vibrant municipal team in Prescott, the historic Fort Town on the St. Lawrence River with convenient access to Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Interim Director of Operations is responsible for the management of the Town’s infrastructure, developing long-term policies and procedures, implementing capital projects approved by Council, providing advice and technical guidance to Council and the CAO.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education and qualifications:
- A professional Civil Engineer licenced by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (preferred) or minimum Certified Engineering Technologist in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a related field, at least 3 of which are in the municipal sector;
- Knowledge of sewer, water, road design and construction techniques;
- In depth knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines relating to municipal operations and infrastructure
- Prepare and present reports to Council, Committee of the Whole, and other committees, as required;
- Experience with team work planning, performance development and departmental budgeting processes;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public relation skills, with a focus on customer service;
- Advanced computer application experience and knowledge
The Town of Prescott offers an attractive benefit package and a salary commensurate with your qualifications.
A job description for this position can be accessed at www.prescott.ca
Please email your detailed resume and covering letter, in confidence, by the closing date to: email@example.com.
Please indicate competition number 04-2020 in the subject heading.
Closing date: Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used only for candidate selection. Accommodations are available, upon request, to support applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time28.05.2020 03:26