Reporting to the Deputy Chief Operations, County of Renfrew Paramedic Service, with an indirect reporting relationship to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Specialist is responsible for providing overall human resources strategic and operational support to the Paramedic Service. The HR Specialist is responsible for facilitating and coordinating labour relations and employee services, principally in the areas of labour relations, employee relations, policy implementation, recruitment, training and development, health and safety, return to work/wellness, workplace safety insurance, and additional projects, as assigned.
The position is responsible for advising on all human resources related legislative standards, regulations, and acts, including the Ambulance Act and its applicable HR regulations, the Public Health Act, Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, policies and procedures and applicable Collective Agreement, and is responsible for exercising these duties using prudent judgement for the planning and scheduling of service delivery, in the best interest of employees, the corporation, and the public.
- Undergraduate degree, with a focus on labour relations or related field.
- Minimum of four years in a generalist role, performing a wide-range of human resources functions, involving unions.
- Training and experience in Occupational Health & Safety procedures, and chairing committees.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to use utmost tact and diplomacy in varying situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills in assessing and dealing with a wide range of personalities.
- Experience interpreting and understanding various legislation, regulations, and acts, including the Ambulance Act, Public Health Act, Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Human Rights Code and Workplace Safety & Insurance Act.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset.
- Education in municipal government, particularly AMCT training considered an asset.
Compensation: $72,718—$82,981 per annum, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume, stating Competition # 20-18, by 4:00 p.m., on Friday, February 21, 2020 to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
(in MS Word or pdf format)
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process.
Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Information collected will be handled in accordance with theMunicipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time21.02.2020 21:36