Responsible for providing support in all key areas of human resources as a committed member of the Human ResourcesTeam. This position will support Recruitment and Selection, Labour Relations, Health and Safety, Training and Development and Compensation and Benefit administration. The position provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
(These set out the principal functions of the position, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of allthe work requirements.)
- Provide administrative support in the following areas:
- Recruitment and Selection (prepare job postings, place advertisements in appropriate media, coordinate interviews, conduct reference checks, and take part in the onboarding process)
- Health and Safety (enter statistical information on all matters and support the function in record keeping and assist with the coordination of health and safety initiatives).
- Labour Relations (schedule grievance meetings, assist in the preparation for negotiations, revise collective agreement documents, update seniority lists), Training and career development (assist withtraining initiatives, prepare materials, conduct orientation sessions) and
- Performance/compensation administration (distribute and track related documents).
- Responsible for benefit and pension administration (enroll new employees and maintain benefit database, submit monthly remittances and act as a central resource for providing benefit support and clarificationof coverage, work with benefit providers/brokers to ensure plans and information is up to date and accurate).
- Responsible for records and the maintenance of the Human Resources Information System (data entry and processing forms, maintain records/filing system in accordance with the retention by-law, ensureemployee profiles are accurate).
- Assist other Human Resources staff in compiling relative metrics and projects as required.
- Provide exceptional customer service to external and internal stakeholders and act as an ambassador for the Corporate Support Services Department.
- Assist the Human Resources team in other key functions as required and perform all other duties as assigned.
- A university degree in the field of Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial/Labour Relations or in a related discipline.
- Completion of the membership and coursework requirements leading to a professional Human Resources designation (i.e. Certified Human Resources Professional-CHRP).
- Three (3) years recent experience in all aspects of Human Resources, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Experience with benefit administration, payroll and Human Resources Information Systems.
- Experience working with outside agencies such as Ministry of Labour, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, Ministry of Transportation and other relevant bodies.
- Strong working knowledge of all relevant Acts, legislation and applicable regulations (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code, WSIB,Pension and Benefits Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act).
- Motivated individual with proven initiative.
- Professional, proven customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task within a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail, sound judgment, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software programs, website maintenance and the ability to adapt quickly to applicable software.
- The ability to work in a team environment, liaison with key external and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization and to function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under conditions of strict confidentiality is essential.
- A demonstrated commitment to enhancing a safety culture.
Exempt – Pay Group 4 – Minimum $52,384 annually; Maximum $65,480 annually
Hours of Work: Currently Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
Applications will be accepted online at www.stcatharines.ca/jobs.Please reference the recruitment number 2019-207 in your cover letter. Applications received any other way will not be accepted.
The City of St. Catharines is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selectionprocesses and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise theHuman Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time05.12.2019 13:08